(Note: Wrote this 100 days ago and re-reading it today the first reaction was to delete it because it sounds boastful. Everyday, do at least one thing that scares you. Check.)
If, or when, you are stuck and want to think differently about your life or your company (or both), reach out.
- 30 years at one of the world’s most admired companies
- Speaker to over one million people worldwide
- Client list a who’s who of iconic world brands
- Works harder
- Thinks deeper
- Reaches higher
- Cares more
- Only preaches what is practiced
- Extraordinarily diverse experience with CEO’s and janitors
- Addicted to excellence
- Allergic to most pollens and mediocrity
- Asks mind-glowingly simple, direct questions that change everything
- Drives a 25-year old car everyday
- Driven to illuminate truth
- Two-time Lifetime achievement award recipient (for one of the most admired companies in the world)
- Believes work is only work if you’d rather be doing something else
- Can’t wait for the alarm clock to go off everyday
Think of the top 10 most admirable companies in the entire world.
What would it take to thrive there for 30 years?
What would it take to speak and consult on behalf of one of the world’s most admired companies?
If you ever read and compare a bunch of LinkedIn profiles you will begin to notice one astonishing fact. They all sound remarkably the same.
I’m so smart. I’m so smart. I’m so smart.
Seriously, spend 30-40 minutes and read as many as you can.
And then compare yours to all the others.
Scary ain’t it?
A recent email immediately gave me an idea for a blog post. And the email was triggered by a LinkedIn contact.
LinkedIn is designed primarily as a professional, business-like social network.
Think of it this way:
- My Space = your bedroom
- Facebook = your living room
- LinkedIn = your office
LinkedIn mostly is a social network where business professionals can share how smart they are. You know, posting their resume for the entire world to see.
And this is powerful because LinkedIn has something like 40+ million users and is reported to grow to 200-300 million “soon”.
Those who know me well, know that I’m as focused and disciplined as they come. And I can dress up in a suit and look like I run the joint. But I prefer cut-off jean shorts and barefeet.
Don’t believe me, check out my LinkedIn profile. It ain’t your typical “I’m so smart, I’m so smart. I’m so smart” resume. Mostly, because, well, honestly, I’m not the brightest bulb in the box.
Anyway, I use LinkedIn as a micro-blog. Every day posting a new status update. Today’s was simply, Jeff Noel doesn’t think you’ve been to this blog yet: https://jeffnoel.org It’s a dot org