Blah, blah, blah, right?
The Internet’s only Five-a-Day Blogger”…..
It started as a 100-day challenge to become a better writer, after a Father told his young son, “If you want to be a better reader, you should read a lot.”
So what happens yesterday? Not five daily blogs, but eight.
Recently, had a discussion and we talked about the future of books:
- Books will be relics on display in Museums
- eBooks will dominate
- Kindle will destroy the publishing industry
- The publishing industry will watch it happen
- Librarians will lose their jobs
- Unless they become Cybrarians
- There were 177,000 books published last year
- People think it’s hard to write a book
- Authors think their book will sell many copies
- Barnes & Noble will go out of business eventually
- People get ready (Bob Marley reference)
“Books” will be written one day at a time. In public, for the public.
Books will be free. Writers will be poor. And writers will come to realize that there are far too many choices.
A whole new paradigm is being created.
One page per day, almost like reality TV. People will read blogs, and over time, they will have “read a book” and not even know it.
Eventually, this new paradigm will give way to the next.