A new item has populated my to do list. It’s to do less. And do those (less) things differently. My one-word mantra for 2015 is ‘lean’. Here are some recent examples of trimming the overwhelm out of my life:
- Trimmed 10k+ Twitter followers to seven. Easy to stay current.
- Trimmed 1k Facebook Page ‘Likes’ to 200. Easier to stay current.
- Recycling cables, cords, and devices that are no longer digitally relevant.
- Stopped drinking coffee and diet coke. No longer feel compelled to have these.
- Thinning clothes that i’ll never wear, even though they look ‘nice’.
- Trimmed the snack food snacking. More trips to grocery store to keep fresh fruit handy.
- Turned off Facebook and LinkedIn notifications on iPhone. Less distracting.
- i end each day with zero emails in my inbox, sent folder, and trash folder.
Slow and steady wins the race, but only with focus and discipline. And commitment.
You’re in charge of all these things and more.