(photo: Starbucks line a few days ago… shirt says, “Glass Slippers Are So Back”)
The prevailing options have been at both ends of the spectrum – retire early or later. Here are a few:
- Retire June 9, day after turning 55
- Retire September 28, day after the official 30-year anniversary.
- Retire December 31, end of the year.
- Retire the same day Bob Iger retires (which was originally set for 2015, but he’s extended his contract to 2016) (and he’s since extended it to 2018).
- Keep working indefinitely and retire in 2015, 2016, or even later.
These are all options that have never been experienced before, so there is no obvious, prevailing wisdom.