Q. What’s something few people know about you?
A. First, everyone is unique, so there’s nothing special about being unique.
As a determined, driven, overachiever, i searched high and low, far and wide, and found no role model for balance. In 2000, when i finally became a father at 41, i decided to quit looking and do something courageous – become the role model.
My first book is about this.
A few more things that aren’t unique, but some consider crazy.
- The last day i drank alcohol was December 30, 2001.
- Cheryl and i have an invisible disability, which we overcame August 12, 2000; he’s now a High School Senior.
- Applying Disney principles to running, for a decade, i represented the United States at the 2009 Masters Track & Field World Championships in Finland, 400 meters (M50-54).
- Currently training for the 2019 World Championships.
- Every single day since April Fools Day 2009, i’ve written five differently-themed blog posts on five different websites. One each for Life’s five big choices: mind, body, spirit, work, and home.
- Rafiki is my favorite Disney character.
Return to FAQs